Friday, April 16, 2004

End of Week 4 Update

For those keeping score at home, here's my post Week 4 tally for Party Poker:

Week 1: +$260
Week 2: +$144
Week 3: +$199
Week 4: +$201

Week 4 could have been much worse. Last night I strayed once again from the game plan after getting hosed in the $1/$2 game. I dropped $119 there, which is absolutely inexcusable and rather silly. Not only did I suffer some bad beats early, but I tilted once again. It's amazing how you can feel yourself going on tilt and be powerless to stop it. It's almost like getting that extra lap dance when deep down you know you don't really want to spend the money.

Solution: Off to the $5/10. I cashed in for $100 and relatively quickly got it up to $235 or so. Dropped down a bit, then back up, then back down to below my initial $100 buy-in. Finally managed to get back to $204 and called it a night at 12:30 AM. My feelings were both happy at recouping my losses and angry at letting myself jump out of my disciplined mindset and go to where disaster could have struck. Luckily for the second time in this 4 week timeframe it didn't.

Perhaps a break is in order for a couple of days, or at least one day. I'm probably forcing things now and getting caught in fancy play syndrome.

I hope I can snap out of it and get back to the normal swings that the $1/$2 tables provide.

No comments: