Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Random Update

Ok, bored here at work while I'm checking out, again, the software product that I singlehandedly develop....

Party poker hammered me last night. "So not good!" as Chandler would say. I have to at least think I was pretty consistent in my play, it's just that the good starting hands were few and far between. I played them aggressively when I got them, but couldn't catch a flop for the life of me. I think we all know how that goes.

So since I'll be at work late, I bought some CD's to listen to so that the boredom doesn't overwhelm me.

1. Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
2. Himsa - Courting Tragedy and Disaster
3. Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll

I'm betting most, if not all, of you who read this won't recognize nor have heard a song from any of the three bands listed above. No matter. Just great kickass metal. I have somewhat of a penchant (am I even using that word right?, ahh, who cares, it sounds like I know what I'm talking about and that's all that matters) for bands from Sweden. I'm very convinced that when Cliff Burton passed away in 1986 in a bus crash in Sweden, the soul of true metal was buried with him. Metal bands in the US, until somewhat recently, have blown - especially Metallica. But what evolved out of Sweden was truly the next generation of metal. Trust me, if it's metal and from Sweden, it's awesome. Either that or the influence of Abba is what caused the whole thing. Can't really prove either I suppose.

I'm actually going to see Killswitch Engage and In Flames on May 22nd in Charlotte, NC. It's about a 90 minute drive from here in Greenville, SC; but it will be totally worth it. In fact, how lucky am I that the World Blogger Tour is this Sunday and not next? So lucky! See? You can mix metal and poker. I do it all the time.

No comments: