Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Votes Are In and Happy Holidays

Ok, looks like I'll be a travelling techno-geek with my laptop, digital camera and iPod all in tow for my trip to Vegas. I guess I had no clue about the weather as BoyGenius indicated it will probably be 52° during the day there. That's Farenheit, right? Doh! Is there an indoor pool?

I spent the last 3 days working off a Party reload bonus at one of the depths of hell known as $1/$2 limit hold 'em. 500 hands later, I turned that $70 bonus into $25 as I accrued a $45 loss over those three days. Oh well, looking forward to getting back into no limit ring games again.

In the "Great Minds Think Alike" category, I was IM'ing w/Otis the other night about practicing for the WPBT tournament by playing the 3-table SNG's. He's already been doing just that managing a 4th place finish in one last night, so I'm obviously behind.

The Good Doctor ("Damnit Jim I'm a blogger not a doctor!") has recommended the Hard Rock for some viewing pleasure. I'll have to add that to my checklist.

Happy Turkey day to everyone if I don't catch you online before then.

Here's a snapshot of the Holiday Hell I'll be going through.

My brother-in-law's family is due to arrive at my house sometime tonight between the hours of 7pm and 1am. That's a nice small window there, what the hell is he, the cable guy? If the arrival time approaches the latter, you know where I'll be.

Then I get to go over to my father-in-law's house tomorrow, before anyone else does, so I can fix his computer. His harddrive died and he wants me to fix it. Of course I'm no data recovery expert, so I'm pretty sure his collection of digital photos that I told him to backup to CDR media is gone. That'll learn him, as we say down South.

Most likely I'll get to install an OS on his machine again. But I'll have to get all the windows updates on disc beforehand since he's on dialup and it's just not feasible to update windows online at 56kbps.

Hopefully I'll get to eat a good meal, watch some football, and pass out with the wine and tryptophan kicking in around 3pm. Funny how my favorite holiday can degenerate into a mass of chaos when you introduce the element of in-laws into the scenario.

No comments: