Monday, March 13, 2006

March Madness

The month of March is a killer.  Both mini’s have birthdays and both are playing sports which require two practices per week and then one additional day for the actual games.  Three years ago, I traveled back North to visit friends.  They had two daughters in the 8-10 year old range and when we visited them, they were busy every single night of the week.  Back then, I swore I’d never let my life get that busy.  I was wrong.

As such, playing the game of poker gets more and more demanding.  The time I can devote to it dwindles even as my fervor for the game grows.  There are usually two or three live games around here per week and it’s getting tougher and tougher to play in all of them.  In fact, this past Friday, I had to tell TheMark that I couldn’t make it to the game he was trying to set up.  I had to go buy a new bike for miniBlood for his birthday.  Priorities.

So I have been playing less in the past few weeks.  And perhaps that’s a good thing.  Because I track every session, I can research my tendencies pretty well.  In the past 18 days that I’ve played, I’ve posted winning days on 16 of them.  It’s a decent win rate that’s allowed me to grow the roll.  My live roll has finally grown back to more than what I had prior to the December Vegas debacle.  Of course, when you experience a bloom in the cash funds, you begin to think of bigger and better things.  That was the source of my posts last week on tourney buy-ins as a percentage of your bankroll.

But I’m not really in a position to make any major dedication to any particular goals right now.  I just don’t have the time.  Perhaps having less time is forcing me to use the time I do have more efficiently.

So that’s where I’m at.  Nowhere in particular.

No comments: