Monday, July 31, 2006

Countdown

When we last left our hero, he was in the midst of self-flagellation over playing pocket Aces like an ass.  Small solace could be taken in the ensuing hands of that session wherein I won 1.5 buy-in’s back to finish down less than 1 buy-in for the evening.  A pyric victory however, a loss is still a loss.

As I type this, I am less than 48-hours away from departure to Vegas where they’re holding some kind of important tournament or something.  I’ll be taking my modest roll and meeting up with many friends who are already there.

I’ve prepped my iPod with about 8 CardPlayer “The Circuit” shows that were recommended in the magazine feature just recently published.  I need to buy a book for the plane ride too; G-Rob recommends Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

I have one more live session to get through, if the BigGame at TheRick’s is on for the evening.  I hope it is, as I’d like to book at least one well-played session before I go.

Updates may be few and far between since I won’t be bringing a laptop or anything.  I may be able to secure a blogging session on a random terminal if I have anything of significance to report.

And that should do it.  See you all when I get back.

No comments: