Monday, August 28, 2006

It's Monday

You know, every now and then I write a post about not winning, or getting bad beat, or whatever.  Then after it’s written, I delete it, because seriously, who in their right mind wants to read that crap?  I sure as hell wouldn’t.  The only reason I even start to write those posts is because I don’t want people to think I’m consistently winning.  I’d like to be, but I’m not, and I do want to be truthful here.  When I have a downswing, I sometimes wonder if it invalidates any of the strategy posts I write.

But then again, there’s a saying:  “Those who can’t, teach.”  Welcome to class.

So, rather than go on about the bumps in the road on the journey of an online player, I’m just going to take a small break from even playing online.  Live poker is going great this year and with the big tourney coming this weekend, I’ll be focusing on that for a while.

A break from the click and lose phenomenon is certainly warranted.

The below attendee list will be updated as needed.  Right now, we have 13 players which matches last year’s total.  I anticipate some more confirmations to trickle in as I’ve yet to hear from various out-of-towners.

So carry on and good luck.

No comments: