Sunday, December 31, 2006

End Result

Today I transferred G-Rob some money to his Stars account. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. The problem is that I didn't know what I was thinking when I made the bet.

I didn't pay him because I just couldn't stop myself from playing. Deep down, I know I could have stopped playing if I felt it were truly harmful for me to keep it up. Frankly, I just wanted to play.

I you go look at G-Rob's latest post, he's 100% correct. I was giving up something that I really enjoy doing while he was trying to quit a bad habit. Sure, I talked trash and gave solid reasons why he'd fold before me. But the bottom line is that his motivation to win far outweighed mine. And that was the key.

Besides, I did learn a few things about myself during said "hiatus." I'll post about that later, but for now, I hope my paying up doesn't take away G-Rob's current motivation to quit. I can't afford to keep paying him.

No comments: