Thursday, December 09, 2004

Last Pre-Vegas Post

Well folks this is it. After work tonight, I drive down to Hot-lanta (probably a bit more like Mild-lanta, not Milanta - that would be bad) and get ready for my 6AM flight on Friday. This too is my last working day until after Christmas so I'm in what those of us in the gas-turbine industry call "spool down."

My anticipation levels have been in check mainly for two reasons. First, work has been kicking my ass the past few weeks and I finally have a bit of breathing room today. Secondly, I can't officially get excited until the rubber hits the tarmac. Thankfully, I'm meeting up with Otis for the Charlotte to Vegas leg of my journey tomorrow. It doesn't make an awful lot of sense of me to drive from Greenville to Atlanta then fly from Atlanta to Charlotte and then on to Vegas. But that's what procrastinating does. It also saves me over $300 on my plane ticket. Not sure how that works....

Anyway, I've been pre-occupied this AM with the disturbing news below, trying to find out who else in the band was killed last night. Rumors are that it could have either been the lead singer or the drummer who also happens to be the brother of the confirmed dead. This little event sure as hell is going to make me think twice about going to another metal concert any time in the near future. Last year's fire at the Rhode Island club that took 100 lives made me at least look at where the fire exits were, but I'm not sure what I could do to prevent getting shot, short of wearing a flack jacket.

Back to more pleasant thoughts. I had hoped to extinguish all runs of bad cards, but last night the drought continued. Obviously I'll get only premium hands this weekend which will undoubtedly lead to monster profits.

I'm really looking forward to the live play, especially the WPBT Holiday Classic. Truly for me, the entrance fee will be judged as entertainment money, anything fortuitous that may come out of the tournament with respect to a high placing is purely gravy.

Can't wait to meet you all and see again those of you who I've met before.

BB out, and about.

No comments: