Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Cubicle Next Door

If you ask any player in G-Vegas to describe Random101's poker play, you'd probably get the same answer from everyone.

Tight.

Sure, that's partly true, but he's more than well aware of his own image and uses it well against the proper opponents. *cough* G-Rob *cough*

This past week at work, he told me he qualified for an FTOPS event, the Pot Limit Hold 'em one on Friday. So I sweated him a bit. By the time I hit the sack at 1 AM, he was in the top 20 in chips with the money bubble fast approaching.

Here's how he finished:



I like to think that our regular poker conversations at the beginning of each morning helped with his development, but the bottom line is that he's simply too intelligent not to get better at poker regardless of what his office mate donkey has to say.

So a hearty congrats goes out to my good friend, Random101, on an incredible tourney performance.

No comments: