Saturday, April 10, 2004

Streak Rising

Up to five consecutive days with a net gain online. It would be six if you included offline, but that's neither here nor there.

Managed to use the Party Poker buddy list to my advantage and tracked down Pauly of Tao of Poker. Found him sitting at a $25 no limit table which is normally not my thing. But there was an open seat and I decided to take it anyway. Pauly seemed to play pretty tight early on, then more than doubled up with AK, going all in pre-flop. You can get the details at his blog, but it was a pretty sweet win.

Normally, I'm playing on the limit games, so I had to tighten up at this table. I did manage to find a pair of Q's down and raised the pre-flop betting to $2. I think I had two callers. Then when another lady showed up on the flop (Q,7,6), I bet out with $4. I had one caller, Capt_Kirk, or something to that effect. The 4th card gave the board a flush draw, and I really didn't want that to happen, so I went all in. Kirk followed suit and I kind of groaned figuring I'd be out drawn. Thankfully, Kirk was holding 7,6 and flopped two-pair. I guess he didn't expect a couple of Janeways in my hole. Ok, that was bad.

Anyway, managed to double up and finished up $16 on that table. Pauly left shortly thereafter and I went back to my $1/$2 limit games and won another $18 to put my daily net at +$34.

No comments: