Friday, June 25, 2004

Kicked in the Kicker

Had my home game last night and boy was it awful. The beats just kept coming and I can honestly say I was outkicked 4 times last night. I can understand getting outkicked once or twice, but 4 times really killed my bankroll.

The worst hand for me was when I was simply outdrawn and didn't even see it. Obviously I was too tired or something, but it's a play that cost me about $30 simply for being stupid. I'm dealt QQ and hit my set on a Q,8,4 flop. The turn is a 9 and I think to myself I still have the nuts, stone cold version. Those of you reading can guess what my opponent has right now. I, however, didn't. The river is a 2 and there's no flush draw and I think I'm still good, raising the pot at every opportunity.

I really sank back in my chair when my opponent showed me J,10. I absolutely didn't see it. I felt worse about not seeing it than actually losing the money. I was going to see that hand all the way to the end anyway, but I did cost myself about 6 BB.

I'm going to blame it on lack of sleep. (read previous post :)


***********************************


So I'm sitting at a $50 NL table on Party, and it is obviously cursed. This poor guy to my right just had his AA cracked by my JJ when I caught my set on the flop. The VERY NEXT HAND this guy is dealt AA again, catches his set on the flop but loses to a flush. Kudos to him for not even whining about it.

Then I'm dealt AA and there is a massive straight and flush draw on the board. After my $5 is re-raised to $20 on the river, I did it. I laid down AA. I think that's the first time I've ever done it. Like I said, that table was cursed.

No comments: