Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Miscellaneous Update

Couple of quick items...

Due to being an "active blogger," I got an invite to use gmail, the new "in" thing on the internet right now. In fact, because you can only get a gmail account by being invited, invites are actually being sold on eBay. A friend said he saw them being sold for around $15 or so. My email address there is badblood@gmail.com. No, I'm not selling invites, just posting that for information :)

According to Wil himself, Wil Wheaton will get to appear on the WPT celebrity home game. That's cool as judging from Wil's poker posts, he actually seems to know what he's doing. The celebrity home games are less entertaining to me from a purely poker perspective, but because I've been following Wil's website for a while, I'll definitely tune in to that episode.

I've played in a few $30 3-table sit-n-go's since the Brad-o-ween tourney and have had decent results: 5th, 5th, and 12th. The 12th place was mainly due to a crippling KQ (me) vs. KJ (otherguy). The flop was Q,J,4 and I bet out T200. Otherguy goes all in and I call, correctly assuming I had the better hand. River was a J, and I'm down to T360 with the blinds 50/100. This other guy also called an all-in bet with a gutshot straight draw before the river and caught it. So I don't feel too bad about those results as my decisions during the tournament were mostly correct.

I'm thinking about writing about my tendency to finish just at or near the money mark in multi-table tournaments. I've got too much data to convince me that my finishes are coincidental.

No comments: