Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Vegas Checklist

I was going to post about my performance in the Grublog II tourney, but busting out 32nd out of 34 players can be best summed up in only a few words.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

With that out of the way, I've been thinking about what I need to accomplish during my first ever trip to Vegas. Here are some mandatory requirements, in no particular order:

* Share a shot of SoCo with AlCantHang
* Place a real live legal gambling wager on an NFL game with BoyGenius
* Play in the WPBT Holiday classic and don't be dumb, dumb, dumb
* Go out drinking with the Brothers McGrupp - Pauly and Derek
* Play in some NLHE ring games with Otis who shall remind me that I'm a late finisher (read: multiple buy-ins)
* Buy Ant MaudieB a drink of her choice
* Play poker at the Bellagio
* Avoid the emergency room and local police station
* Proudly wear my WPBT shirt
* Proudly wear my It's Hammer Time shirt - I'm going sleeveless
* Win a mid-sized tournament, ask to be paid in $1 dollar bills and go to Club Paradise
* Relax at the Excalibur pool and hope it's bikini tops optional day
* Compile a kernel with the Poker Professor
* Find a Razz table and play some with Felicia
* Get Tom McEvoy to sign his book without geeking out
* Meet the other bloggers who can make it so I can put a face to a name

Now for some questions:

* Should I bring my laptop so I/others can blog while there?
* Should I bring my iPod to listen to music while playing poker?
* Should I bring my digital camera? (probably)
* Should I bring a change of clothes?

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

No comments: