Thursday, April 07, 2005

Return to Hell

And we're all on the road to hell and that's route 666 - Halford "Made in Hell"

When you've survived one trip to Hell, why would you go back?

http://badbloodonpoker.blogspot.com/2004_08_01_badbloodonpoker_archive.html#109149889059216305

Similarly to that fateful August weekend, lies another adventure for the Blood. This coming weekend will feature a live poker tourney on Saturday followed up quickly by a drive to the Charlestown, SC area the morning after.

This journey will showcase a bit of the insanity that I like to call "The In-laws." I know, you wish you were me. That way, you could get up at 8AM on Sunday and drive to the in-laws that live the next town over. Then you could drive about 3 1/2 hours to Charlestown to see the brother-in-law's family, spend a few hours there, then drive BACK 3 1/2 hours to the in-laws house, drop them off, and then finally drive home.

I can't even tie one on while I'm down there because I have to drive back. Alcohol is required whenever visiting the in-laws. In fact, it's federally mandated. I've never really looked forward to a Monday before, but this Sunday, it will be a first.

The trick will be not letting the impending journey back through the fiery depths affect my tourney play on Saturday.

No comments: