Monday, May 09, 2005

Weekend Update

I don't have a coherent post, just a few thoughts to spew forth...

****

Watched some of the NBC Heads Up championships. There looks to be a ton of variance in heads up play as evidenced by Antonio Esfandiari's comeback against Howard Lederer. The main question that I have regarding that matchup however is this: Shannon Elizabeth? What the hell? How incredibly disappointing.

****

Hellmuth is pissed off. To quote Ronnie James Dio: "Look out!" Seriously, could his ego be any bigger? As good as he is, nobody is as good as he thinks he is. I enjoyed Paul Phillip's good natured ribbing of Phil, it's good to see a pro genuinely having fun while playing. The Grizzly Adams look combined with the insane cackling did draw some funny comments from Gabe Kaplan.

****

As per G-Rob's post, I did cash out of Checknraise poker. I turned the $25 they gave me into over $300 by playing with the worst limit poker players in the online world. Granted, there's only about 7 of them there, but even miniBlood would dominate the field. I was going to leave some money there to chase some Mother's Day bonus, but they never loaded the money into the account as promised. That didn't instill any confidence in me to continue playing there. The content thievery was inexcusable as well. Not to make any excuses, but it looks like they just aggregate some feeds from a site called pokergazzette.com who may be the party at blame in this case.

****

For anyone else who wants to steal my content, have at it! All I ask for is acknowledgement as the original writer. Reposting with credit is fine. With that said, I completely support those who do not want their content aggregated or reposted without permission. It is pretty lame to "build" a site based soley on content written by others. In fact, it's about the laziest instance of theft I've seen in a while. If I were nearly as talented a writer as some of the other bloggers, I'd be pretty peeved too. Their hard work deserves better.

****

As per Bill Rini's bonus whoring post, there are some very interesting points being made. From my perspective, I find it tough to ignore the opportunity to grab an extra couple of hundered dollars here and there. Bonus whoring does give me more discipline to fold hands I shouldn't be playing. On Party/Empire, each folded hand that is raked is worth about .14c. Granted, I should have the discipline to fold those hands anyway, but the bonus chase gives me that added push over the cliff. You know, like going to 11.

****

I will be there at Noble poker on Tuesday and Wednesday night. I am enjoying the Noble interface. A couple of gripes though that have been brought up elsewhere. First, there's no place to easily check the status of my bonus. Second, whenever I have the Noble home page loaded in my browser, the game window lags like crazy. The second I click it closed, the game catches up immediately. I'm not sure if that's a CPU utilization issue or what. It could also just be limited to me and my machine.

****

I've thought about an eBay auction that could get me into WSOP event #2. I was figuring I'd provide advertising space on the guns in the form of temporary tattoos. It's been done before. I figure if a grilled cheese sandwich can generate nearly $30,000 then me going sleeveless at the WSOP is worth $1500. Minimum.

No comments: