Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Influencing Young Minds

Over the pass few years, I’ve been fortunate enough to work with some engineering co-ops who have really taken to the job and produced some really fine work.  Many come and go, never to be heard from again; but sometimes one or two of them keep in touch.

One such co-op, who’s contributed more to the project I’m working on than some fulltime folks, recently sent me an email.  He’s currently finishing his Master’s degree at the University of Southern California.  In the email, he was kind enough to wish me Happy Holidays, but it was this information that really caught my eye.

Thanks for introducing me to poker.  I went to the Commerce over thanksgiving break and made $100 on hold 'em.

For his going away present, our group bought him a hold ‘em book and some chips.

Murderer’s Row, look out.  My minions are coming for you.

No comments: