Monday, April 03, 2006

Miscellany

Some news and notes…

There is of course a WSOP Satellite running on PokerStars tonight at 9pm. The diminutive uber-blogger has set this thing up. The end result should be someone joining Ms. Gracie in the winner’s circle.

Shep “8-ball” Tiltstein has joined the blogging crew over at Poker and Liquor. Surely, the Apocalypse is upon us.

I busted out of the FullTilt WSOP satellite during the 2nd hour last night. I had an above average stack at the break and then moved into the top twenty with a flopped set of tens that turned into a full house. Sadly, tens were my undoing as well. On an 8-high board, I pushed in an attempt to get someone off what I perceived to be his drawing hand. My opponent had KK and not once raised or lead out post-flop. Oddly played, but it worked as I went broke.

I won’t be able to make it out to Vegas for the Summer Classic. It turns out that the family has made reservations at a campground in North Carolina for that weekend and I’m expected to be there. Like, what’s up with that? I’m already taking them all to Disney World in June and now I have to spend more time with them in July???? Sheesh. I will attempt to make up for this with a late-July, early-August visit if I can swing it.

Revisiting tonight’s satellite, I have an appointment at G-Vegas’ big game, but may be able to multi-table online and live play for the first time ever. TheRick does have wireless access up in his swank poker den of debauchery, so I’ll at least bring my laptop and see what happens.

This week’s home game may see another semi-local blogger make his first appearance. An invite will shortly go out to the regulars of the game, but this time it will include Quest of a Closet Poker Player author CC. If you haven’t been to his site, go check it out for some very insightful posts on the balancing act we all perform with poker and family life.

No comments: