Monday, November 15, 2004

All Quiet on the Home Front

The 'rents were in town to see the grandkids this weekend. Add to that the fact that I'm coming down with/fighting a chest cold and I'm just about whipped. Lifting weights when you can't really breathe without coughing is not a good idea.

Got to play a little bit this weekend, Studio Glyphic managed to track me down at a $50 buy-in table. I decided to dip my toes into the higher limit for a bit on Sunday just to see how it went. Luckily I nearly tripled my buy-in to make back some of the downswings the $25 tables gave me.

I hope to have my bi-weekly $30 buy-in NL game again on Saturday. But as the holidays approach, my guess is that attendence will be hard to come by.

Shameless shot of my poker table awaiting the next round of players. Excuse the low-bandwidth of my cable modem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the poker blog scene really seems to have slowed down a bit with all the old guard on hiatus or vacation. Pauly, Otis, Iggy, Al - I miss the daily or near-daily posts. But I'm a junkie for content in case you didn't realize it.

No comments: