Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Apple Falls Not Far From The Tree

There is a bounty on my head this Wednesday. Before I get to it, I give you this true story:

****

The rules are simple. Each player starts with 8 chips, there are no blinds, and the rest is standard no-limit tournament poker.

Some nights before bed, the Blood kids are given a choice: They can either watch Tarzan on Toon Disney or play this thing called a Chip Challenge. Monday evening they chose the latter. Off to the table!

Mini-Mrs. Blood went out first, she just didn't get any cards. Her duties were relegated to helping Mrs. Blood evaluate her hand-strength and place chips into the pot for her. Mini-Blood himself had been doing well, but lost a key pot to Mrs. Blood leaving him a bit short-stacked with 6 precious chips left.

With BadBlood on the button, mini-Blood checked. Mrs. Blood tossed a lone chip into the empty pot which caused BadBlood to fold his garbage.

Mini-Blood says "I'm all in."

Huh?

He's 4.

Did he just check-raise his own mother all-in? Apparently he did.

Mrs. Blood called and flipped over A,2 off. Mini-Blood flipped over K,Q.

Mrs. Blood and I exchanged glances, each thinking the same thing. How the hell did he make the right play there? I mean come on!

The flop came with all under-cards and I had to explain to mini-Blood that he was currently losing since his mommy had the highest card with her Ace. I said, "You need a King or a Queen, buddy."

The turn: A Queen. Holy crap. He's gonna win this hand and double up against Mrs. Blood. What's going on here?

When the next card came, it was then that I realized he is truly my son. I still have no idea where the blonde hair came from, it's especially confusing given Mrs. Blood's trip to Switzerland 9 months before he was born. And that guy Lars that keeps calling at odd hours...

The river came and it was an Ace. Mini-Blood had been rivered with a 3-outer.

Like father, like son.

****

Bounty information: Whoever busts me out of the WPBT gets their choice of Hammer Time shirt. Pretty simple, you don't need to even bust me with the hammer, just bust me.

No comments: