Sunday, February 13, 2005

Insert Title Here

I don't have much in the way of coherent thoughts, poker or otherwise at the moment, so I'll just metaphorically sit down and see what flows.

This past Friday I went to a work-related freeroll poker tournament. I've brought the joys of No Limit Hold 'em to my group and judging by the fact that we've now had 6 such tournaments, I'd say it's been a success. Luckily for me I won the inaugural event and placed in a couple more. It's all in good fun and makes for some good trash-talking at work, which I'm all for. I finished up in 10th place when my K,Q lost a race with J,J.

Immediately after the tourney finished up, I headed for downtown G-Vegas to meet up with the local yahoos who comprise the SouthEast's contingent of UpForPoker. It was Otis' last day at his job and he was celebrating with his co-workers. AlCantHang made a virtual appearance with more dial-a-shots simply because he's AlCantHang.

I played a boatload of more poker basically all day on Saturday in between taking care of the mini-Bloods. All of it was spent on FullTilt in an effort to clear my bonus. It was a day filled with ups and downs, ending up down. I felt like taking a bit of a shot at the $200NL buyin tables. I played a decent game but unceremoniously lost most of my stack with A,K vs. pocket 7's on a K,7,x flop. If I'm not losing a whole bunch with sets, I'm losing a whole bunch to sets - another glaring hole in my game that must be worked on.

I also entered the $50+5 at FullTilt with a bunch of pros who had bounties on their heads. In perhaps one of the quickest ways I've lost $55 this side of a decent lapdance, I busted out 280th out of 285 when my set of 3's lost to someone's nut straight on the river. See last sentence of previous paragraph.

I also took a shot at the 5/10 tables, but found nothing in the way of anycards. For you limit gurus out there, the 5/10 short-handed games on FullTilt are probably a goldmine for you if you have the requisite bankroll. Horrible, horrible play, at least at the table I was seated at.

On Sunday, I got to do what every minivan-driving Dad lives for - change a flat tire. The flat couldn't have come at a better time since I'm leaving for Houston early Monday morning. Luckily Mrs. Blood's parental units live nearby to assist with getting the mini-Blood's to their bastions of higher education here in the nations highly ranked public school system. Yes, that was indeed sarcasm.

April was kind enough to come up big in recommending a few places for me to check out while in Houston. While I'm not sure what kind of free time I'll have there, during the evenings I'll either be online losing money or offline losing money. Wink,wink. Nudge, nudge. Say no more.

No comments: