Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tidbits v1.0

I’ve decided against a chronological order of events for the trip report.  Instead I’ll be writing 3 to 4 random events during the weekend as they pop into my head each morning.

Aside:  Number of times I’ve said “This fuckin’ place” since I’ve been back to work:  8

****

The defining poker hand for the trip happened after the WPBT event at the Imperial Palace.  I was way down and decided to mix it up by raising UTG to $12 with 4,5 of spades.  I got 4 callers which was no surprise.  How about this for a flop though: A44.  I immediately think I’ll be doubling up against any A out there, so I lead out for $20 and get 1 caller.  The turn brings another A.  Check, bet, fold.  Thoughts of Hatebreed come to mind.  Cast down…..defeated….never to rise.

****

The WPBT tourney gave me the opportunity to meet some of the fine ladies in the blogger universe:  Jaxia, Joanne, Jen Leo, and Tanya.  It’s quite nice to put a face to the name and I look forward to seeing you all again.  Bonus points to Jaxia for asking to feel the gunz.  Bonus points to Tanya for showing us her tattoo.

****

In the category of Bang for the Buck (no, not strippers or hookers), I played in the Aladdin noon tourney on Friday for $110 smackers.  I played two hands.  AQ ran into a set of Kings and then I lost a race with AT to 88 – Ace on the flop, 8 on the river.

****

Friday’s dinner at the Nine was a true highlight.  You have to admire a girl who knows a good steak when she sees one.  I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised since April hails from Texas.  Pretty much after every bite, we each looked at each other with a knowing stare that this was some damn fine steak.  I could seriously eat that stuff every night of the week.  Can’t afford it, but I could eat it.

No comments: