Sunday, February 19, 2006

750k

A co-worker of mine and I agreed on Friday afternoon to shoot for an entry into Stars' 750k guaranteed tournament on Sunday. On Saturday afternoon, Random101 took down a 500FPP MTT where the top 9 earned an entry. He waded through about 350 people I think to get there, putting the pressure on me.

At midnight, I popped open an $11 double shootout after about 2.5 hours of play at the 1/2 NL tables. I had lost a buy-in pretty quickly and spent the next 2 hours winning it back and then some.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw G-Rob bubble out of a double shootout in 3rd (2 pay), and was hopeful that wouldn't happen to me. At 3:30 am, 3 1/2 hours later, it was over; and I'll be joining Random101 at 4:30pm.

Otis predicts nearly 6000 players which is crazygonuts. My iPod is fully charged, the fridge is stocked, and MrsBlood comes home at 2pm or so to handle the minis. Recipe for success. I'm going to go shave my head for some more good luck.

No comments: