Monday, October 16, 2006

Snub

I almost lost my poker machine this weekend.  After an apparently unsuccessful update, my PC went into an endless cycle of rebooting.  At first, I thought it was the hard drive, but I did manage to get it to boot by doing an OS repair.  Unfortunately, after the repair, the registry was so hacked, I couldn’t update to service pack 2.

So, it came down to a reformat/reinstall.  Luckily, I’ve been in the practice of partitioning my OS separately from my programs and data.  One reinstall and 39 updates later, I was back in business.  But I lost about 3 hours of my life that I’ll never get back.

****

I believe the influx of Party players to Stars is in full swing.  Here’s a hand where I’m not even going to tell you what I had because frankly, it doesn’t matter.

I’m in late position and open raise to 3.5x the big blind.  An early position player calls from the blinds with AJo, you know, a monster.  The flop is 336.  He checks, I bet 3/4ths the pot.  He calls.  Hmm…OK.  The turn is an 8, and he checks again.  I bet pot.

He calls.  And that confused the shit out of me sufficiently for me to bluff the river when an Ace came.  You can spout off all you want about reads and bluffing, but AJo out of position could not be more poorly played.  In my opinion.  But the guy won a nice pot.  One of us was a huge donkey on that hand.  And I’m not yet ready to say it was me.

****

I would normally handle this internally, but I’ve decided to post this for the WORLD to see.

If you’ve read the blog recently, you’re probably more than aware of my fondness for rounding up the guys and heading out for some drinking and pokering.  I’ve been doing that for a few months now.  I figured the people attending were having just as good a time as I on these jaunts.  As such, I don’t ever go to a poker game without inviting my peeps.

Then yesterday, I get this email:

Last night there were two waitresses at Undergound Game 2.

Both were employees at Platinum Plus.

They served drinks topless.

It was somewhat distracting...but quite entertaining.


Thought you'd like to know.

I was not invited nor notified.

No comments: