Friday, August 17, 2007

It's On

Interesting situation last night at the Black Stallion game.

Here's what I know. It's wrong to slow roll. It's also wrong to target a particular player at the table, mainly because you'll probably end up going broke to someone else while doing so.

Still.

It's on.

There's a player for whom I'm not even going to come up with a creative pseudonym that slow rolled on three consecutive hands last week. I have to believe it wasn't carelessness, but rather performed out of malice.

Here's a quick example. The pot is perhaps $300. Player A, a good guy, tables his hand and states two-pair - they happened to be King's up. Slow roller picks his cards up off the table and looks at them, holding them in front of himself gazing at them.

Now, count to, oh let's say seven. Go ahead.

Done?

Good.

Now the player tables his hand and doesn't say a word. The pot was this close to getting shipped to Player A. Slowroller had Aces up, drug the pot and said nothing.

This happened three consecutive hands.

So last night happens.

I'm sitting on my last orbit with about $640 in my stack. Slowroller is to my direct right. I can't find anything to play unfortunately, so I cash out right as it's my big blind. This conversation ensues.

"That's right, you better cash out."

"Huh?" I ask.

"If you want to keep those chips, leaving's a good idea."

"Are you for real?"

"I'm tellin' ya, I'll take all that money if you stay."

Wow, I thought to myself. Guy's talking shit to me. As much as I wanted to stay, I still left. Which is fine, because I was up a bit and had no interest in swinging dicks with this guy at one in the morning.

That's not to say, however, that there won't come a time when I will have such interest. And then, it will be on. So fucking on.

No comments: